I forgot to mention in the previous one, but I took back and the rewrote from the ground up the Make Cache interface and backends use the DIC issue which since got committed even after being fixed by others :) Obviously, anything using the service container is win for us. Right now I am working on the database upgrade path -- we had tests for that but not every code path had tests as we were unable to write tests for some of them (and accordingly they broke). Thanks to a brilliant comment from webchick, I have managed to implement an override allowing the testing of more of update.php and likely the installer even. This is an indirect win for us: better tests mean earlier and higher quality release.
Meanwhile the Entity brigade has finished implementing the new field API for every field type. Next step will be getting the widgets and formatters generalized to them and the storage as well.
We now require PHP 5.3.10 which is probably what we are going to ship with. This seems like a good balance between bugs fixed/widespread of the version.
Commenting on this Story is closed.