The drop is always movingYou know that saying about standing on the shoulders of giants? Drupal is standing on a huge pile of midgetsAll content management systems suck, Drupal just happens to suck less.Popular open source software is more secure than unpopular open source software, because insecure software becomes unpopular fast. [That doesn't happen for proprietary software.]Drupal makes sandwiches happen.There is a module for that

Drupal 8 progress from my / MongoDB perspective: update #6

Submitted by nk on Mon, 2012-11-05 06:29

So Views and Twig are both in Drupal 8 alongside with a configuration import and an entity translation UI. Big, big progress in general. On my end, EFQ v2 has been committed. Now I am doing a number of things in parallel: one, I am rewriting the batch API and have buy in from Crell, bojanz and yched (and I think berdir is OK with it too) so I expect that to get in once it's more completed. We have decided on not supporting "call me again" jobs, just clean, explicit job creation. A new queue operation seems necessarily -- which is move to the end of the queue. But as the semantics of ReliableQueueInterface call for a FIFO, if no other way just by requeueing and deleting the original any backend can implement it. Conversion of every batch API call is certainly a past feature freeze job.

Two, I am working on the MongoDB D8 port itself with the help of Rok Zlender and marcingy from Examiner. marcingy ported the file usage code, Rok said he made inroads with the cache porting and I did KeyValue and created an install profile. This works and verifies the larger points work well. Also, the ungodly hacking I needed to do to get the party on the road totally highlighted that while the pluggability-via-service-container works we badly need to clean our bootstrap up.

So I am now working on breaking the bootstrap dependency injection container circular dependency and then hopefully katbailey can resume her efforts in making our bootstrap process not suck. After a false start trying to use the compiled PHP storage, I had an extremely fruitful day at BADcamp, talking about massive hosting needs with Barry Jaspan, Mark Sonnabaum and David Strauss and hashing out the details with catch himself. Ever heard of "standing on the shoulders of giants"?

In other news, the field API CMI conversion patch is green. I see some details still being hashed out but it's great progress. Filter settings to CMI havent received a review since Oct 30 but it's also green. There's a working patch for converting flood. History became a module, it's not yet in but I think it's imminent. node types still doesn't even have a patch -- if the deadline for it is April 1, then no worries and I think it is. amateescu got really far with menu_links but he is stumped on book.module -- I might need to take it over. role/role_permission is progressing. users_roles as field is absolutely worrisome, that might be the next if it indeed needs to get in before feature freeze, I need to clarify that with Dries/catch

Commenting on this Story is closed.

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2012-11-05 21:49.

Few days ago I was unable to find a way to get a taxonomy term parent from EFQ(I ended up using taxonomy_get_parents()) and here comes EFQ v2 let's hope now I can create a query to find a taxonomy term parent.
Batch api is good let's hope Batch api v2 will be more drush friendly I can't look at the boring progress bar :).

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2012-11-05 21:51.

is not a field. it's not within the scope of EFQ v1 or v2. It'd be interesting... hrm :)

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2012-11-05 22:00.

Yeah its not a field but it should fall somewhere in between entity, property or field after all taxonomy is a special entity.

Submitted by Anonymous on Mon, 2012-11-12 15:46.

Drush can already execute any batch that Drupal creates. Not sure where you are seeing issues. Please file bugs or feature requests.


Submitted by nivir on Fri, 2012-11-30 09:31.

Type Script originates from the need to develop large-scale JavaScript applications. The people behind the language at Microsoft have said that internal as well as external customers expressed problems structuring their code in JavaScript.