Google Code-In (GCI) is an incredible program in which junior high and high school students are encouraged to participate in an exciting open source project, like Drupal! Open source projects participating in GCI create a list of short-term, high-impact tasks for students to work on.
Over the past few years that we participated in GCI we attracted a number of new, talented young developers to the Drupal project who are still active community members today.
We are presently seeking organizers (at least two would be ideal) to help manage the GCI Drupal program. Responsibilities include:
- Write and submit application to GCI
- Recruit community members to propose and mentor tasks (drupal.org forum posts, etc.)
- Audit tasks to make sure they are high quality / fit program guidelines
- Monitor GCI web app consistently to make sure tasks are getting assigned / reviewed / approved
- Follow up with task mentors to make sure they are working with students and reviewing tasks
- Step in if a task mentor is unreachable and not fulfilling their responsibility
This is an opportunity for you to really make a difference - not only for these young, talented developers, but for the Drupal project to recruit new members to the community.
If you’re interested please contact me.
Ps. Props to Joseph Bachana for writing this up.
Commenting on this Story is closed.