As promised I am trying to keep a weekly schedule with these posts. The system table removal issue with the help of Alex Pott is almost ready although it has been pushed into process hell just before I started writing this so I am again worried about it given how tight our schedule is now. The date table removal issue got really far thanks to cosmicdreams and KarenS, I will finish if necessary but it's also relatively close. The code around it is not the prettiest to say the least.
I started a review (and others pitched in) of all tables installed by the minimal profile and the following tables do not have a clear path to pluggability or outright removal: authmap, batch, file_usage, menu_links, menu_router, node_access, users_roles (there's a plan to make it a field
but I can't find an issue edit: found it.). Everything else is a) already CMI b) will be CMI c) an Entity d) lives in a pluggable file e) is being moved into a pluggable file (either a plugin or a module). I am right now rewriting EntityFieldQuery to allow for a unification of Condition classes then I will turn to the date tables, hopefully both issues finishing in September. Then I will check all the relevant issues to make sure none of them are stalled and file issues to do something with the seven listed tables. Busy two months ahead but it all seems doable.
Ps. I subscribed to issues in the efq_views module to make sure I see those immediately.
Commenting on this Story is closed.
authmap needs to be deleted
but there's functionality and there are tests for it. Can we regress?
As someone trying to follow core development I find these updates useful. Thanks.
Menu links will hopefully turn into entities: http://drupal.org/node/916388 - that's necessary to make them translatable. amateescu is working on it but doesn't have a patch ready yet, sadly.
menu_router I plan to kill once routes are ported over to the new routing system. The new routing system is by design much more pluggable so swapping in a MongoDB dumper and initial matcher should be reasonably straightforward via the DIC.
node_access I don't think can be removed, but is really an adjunct of the SQL entity engine in the first place. If you're not using an SQL backend for Nodes then it doesn't get used, and you need to implement some equivalent for your backend.
I cannot really speak to the others.