I will try to keep a weekly schedule but nearly two weeks passed since the previous post. These days I am still working on the system table removal. The key-value store patch it relies on is now fully ready (edit: it just got committed) and the system table to CMI conversion patch is now at its three major revision. First it was converted to just CMI, then the key-value store was added in a crude manner (this iteration got to pass all tests, however) and now I am getting there with a more elegant way of using the key-value store. Previously we were storing the module filenames and info files serialized in SQL and then processed that and cached the results. Based on the existing caching I only store the absolute minimum and get the necessary data from the filesystem, from the modules when rebuilding caches. This will lead to an easier to use Drupal hopefully. However, there are incredible hard bugs I find on the way there. This slows me down alas. I am incredibly glad I am paid to do this or it would never get done. All in all, this will take at the end a full month to get done so I expect this and perhaps some of the next week to be occupied by it. Then comes the date formats table family.
Oh and I added a vocabulary filter to taxonomy term listing in efq_views.
Commenting on this Story is closed.